Madison made these for Quentin last night.
They were super good!!
And I just like grinding oats into flour!
The recipe came from Yammie’s Gluten Freedom.
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cup oat flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Mix together the butter and sugars. The mixture will be slightly crumbly. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Mix together the soda, salt, and flour and add to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Dough will be slightly sticky. Add the chocolate chips.
Bake on ungreased baking sheets for about 10 minutes or until the edges are just becoming golden.
These yummy biscuits were our breakfast this morning.
It’s nice that they are gluten free so Quentin can eat them but super nice that they taste yummy too!
The recipe came from Whole Lifestyle Nutrition.
I used the blender to turn 1 1/4 cups of oatmeal into oat flour.
Then baked them in a greased muffin pan at 400º for 12 minutes.
Poached egg on oat flour biscuit.
Oat Flour Drop Biscuits
- 1 cup organic oat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup whole milk, or homemade coconut milk
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 egg
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Cut butter with a fork or pastry cutter into flour.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (greased with coconut oil).
- Drop a heaping tablespoon onto pan.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.