- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet (or use a cookie press). If desired, make an indentation in the center with your thumb or other object; fill with preserves, or press candy into center.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cookies should be pale.
Tastes like a sugar cookie, only fluffier.