Took me forever to make out this menu. Menu burn-out maybe? 🙂
We are going to make some yummy pumpkin butter to snack on this week. This is my favorite recipe for pumpkin butter. You can use a pumpkin from your garden, but I will have to use canned. Stupid squash bugs!
- 1 (15 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In small sauce pan, combine pumpkin, applesauce, sugar, cinnamon and ginger.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring often to prevent scorching, 45 min.
- or until mixture becomes very thick.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Let cool, then spoon into tight-sealing container and refrigerate.
- Will keep in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
So, what are we eating this week?
Monday: Homemade Pizza
Tuesday: Grilled Steak, Baked Potatoes, & Salad
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken, Corn-on-the-Cob, & Potato Salad
Thursday: Beef Tips and Rice
Friday: Teriyaki Chicken
Saturday: Tacos & Refried Beans
Sunday: Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, & Coleslaw
It’s going to be a yummy week!