We’re still here.
And it’s still winter. Boo!
That’s ok, though, because I can pretend quite well. See I already started my spring garden.
This yummy Lentil Soup makes winter all better too. It is my new favorite!
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, left whole
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta(had mine without pasta)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- romano cheese(left this out)
- Rinse dry lentils.
- In large stock pot put lentils, carrots, celery, whole garlic, onion, chicken stock, water, olive oil, salt& pepper.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and let cook for approximately one hour.
- In separate pot, boil farfalle pasta.
- When done, drain and add approximately one tablespoon of olive oil to keep pasta from sticking.
- Cover the bottom of a soup bowl with cooked pasta and then fill with cooked lentil soup.
- Sprinkle grated Romano cheese on top and enjoy.
Cozy up, everybody! Spring is right around the corner.