It was 18º when I crawled out of bed this morning. A perfect morning for something hot to get my blood flowing.
This recipe makes the best pumpkin coffee.
Madison and McKenzie had this pumpkin latte from my anti-coffee days.
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk(I used whole milk)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree(I used pumpkin from the garden)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1/2 cup hot coffee or 1/2 cup espresso(I used decaf coffee)
- Combine the milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger in a blender on high speed, creating a frothy consistency. Pour into a saucepan and heat until just hot but not boiling.
- Pour hot coffee into mug and top with hot spiced milk.