I will be freezing squash and zucchini today. I thought the squash bugs would have remedied my squash problem by now. Besides, life would be pretty dull without zucchini brownies anyway. 🙂
- 2 lbs crookneck yellow squash
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar(I used sugar in the raw)
- 3 cups all purpose flour(I used self-rising and left out baking powder & salt)
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash squash, trim ends, and cut into 1-inch slices.
- Cook in a small amount of water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain well and mash.(I used the blender)
- Measure 2 cups of the cooked squash, combine with eggs, butter, and applesauce, and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Add squash to dry ingredients, stirring only until moist.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
They taste like pumpkin bread!