Try these and you’ll never need another bean burger recipe ever! I tried several recipes that I liked before I found this one that I LOVED. I think it’s the cumin and chili powder that make me like these so good.
I did have mine on Romaine lettuce, but Quentin and the kids used buns and added cheese. I am just on a lettuce kick right now. Anybody else enjoy dill pickles wrapped in lettuce? 🙂
I got the recipe from Food.com. I looked for the recipe so I could link back to it but couldn’t find it.
Baked Black Bean Veggie Burgers
1 (16oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green bell pepper(I always leave this out)
1/2 onion(I use onion powder)
3 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp hot sauce
1 cup breadcrumbs
1. Pre-heat oven to 375º.
2. Dry off the beans as much as possible. In a bowl, mash beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
3. Finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic and stir into mashed black beans.
4. In a small bowl, stir together egg, spices, and hot sauce.
5. Stir egg mixture into beans. Mix in the bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide the mixture into four patties.
6. Place patties on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
I am linking up to: