We love deer jerky. This was my first time making it without using the jerky packets. It was wonderful!! It took mine 7 hours at 160º to dry. I placed it in the oven for an additional 10 minutes at 180º.
- 5 lbs ground beef or 5 lbs ground venison
- 2 tablespoons mortons tender quick salt
- 1/3 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper(I used paprika)
Mix all ingredients. Pour over meat and mix well. Put it in the fridge overnight. I use a dehydrator and a jerky gun to dry the stuff as I’ve found this is the best way to make jerky. Usually takes about 7 hours to dry.