I like the summer sausage even better than the bologna. And not just because I made it myself! 🙂
- 3 lbs ground venison (deer, elk, antelope This MUST be ground lean, as the tallow on venison is what gives it the “wild” t)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder(or a tad more)
- 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 4 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick Salt
Mix all together thoroughly.
Form into 2-21/2″ logs about 8″ long.
Pack tightly as possible.
Wrap in aluminum foil, shiny side inches.
Refrigerate for 24 hours.
Take out, turn over and pierce foil several times with a fork.
Bake on a sprayed broiler rack over broiler pan at 325°F for 1 1/2 hour.
Unwrap and remove to rack to finish dripping.
Rewrap and refrigerate or freeze.
I am linking this post up to